Oatmeal is a wholegrain cereal and is considered one of the healthiest foods in the world. It is a source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and a huge amount of fiber. This makes oatmeal one of the healthiest breakfast products. Below, you will find 7 effects that oatmeal has on your health.
1. Maintain your weight Oatmeal is extremely nutritious. When eating a portion of oatmeal during breakfast, you will have a filled up feeling all morning. Because of this, you will not be tempted to take an extra biscuit or a snack when drinking coffee.
2. Blood sugar level Because oatmeal is a big source of fiber, your body slowly converts it into energy. These complex carbohydrates ensure that you do not get any highs and lows in your blood sugar level. If it remains stable, you will not feel like grabbing a snack or candy as quickly as you normally would.
3. Resistance First of all, is there a flu in your area? Then quickly grab the oatmeal. Oatmeal gives you the energy to keep your resistance in top condition. This makes you less susceptible to viruses such as the flu.
4. Digestion Oatmeal contributes to a good, fiber-rich diet, which is necessary for a healthy digestion. You would need about 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day, and a portion of oatmeal porridge contains an average of 20% of it.
5. Nervous system Oatmeal contains B vitamins, which are good for the nervous system.
6. Heart and blood vessels People who eat oatmeal regularly reduce the risk of dying by cardiovascular diseases.
7. Protein Oatmeal is extremely rich in protein. In a portion of 8 tablespoons of oatmeal, 15% of your daily requirement for protein is present. Proteins are full of amino acids and they are good for your muscles, hair, skin and nails.
8. Good for strong bones Because oatmeal contains calcium, it helps prevent the development of bone loss, but is therefore ideally suited for children who are still growing!
What will your breakfast look like today? Oatmeal maybe? SHARE this tip with your friends on Facebook!